Lipson Neilson Estate Planning attorney, and Center for Estate Planning founder, Steve Malach, attended the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) conference in Scottsdale, Arizona, on May 13-14, 2022. Stacked with expert speakers from across the country, the keynote speaker spoke about his experience in having Brittany Spears Probate Guardianship and Conservatorship dismissed. Many other immediately relevant topics were discussed including:
- Defending undue influence claims in Will Contests.
- How to Provide Flexibility in Irrevocable Trusts.
- What kind of mental incapacity needs to be established to overturn a POA or a trust.
- How IRS stretch out and Required Distributions are changing.
- Special Needs Planning: Updates & Practice Tips.
- Current Status of Retirement Benefits Planning After the SECURE Act.
- Innovating with Capacity – Alternative Arrangements for Guardianships and Conservatorships.
Established in 1987, NAELA is a non-profit association that assists lawyers, bar organizations, and others. NAELA’s mission is to educate, inspire, serve, and provide community to attorneys with practices in elder and special needs law. NAELA currently has members across the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
An attorney for over 40 years, and licensed to practice in Michigan and Arizona, Steve Malach heads Lipson Neilson’s Estate Planning practice and is the Founder of the Center for Estate Planning (CEP). With offices in Michigan and Arizona, CEP specializes in all aspects of estate planning, from estate administration to lifetime counsel and probate administration. CEP attorneys are highly specialized and nationally known for their work with individuals, closely held businesses and charitable organizations.
Founded in 1985, Lipson Neilson PC has grown from three attorneys in a Detroit office to having a national presence with offices in Bloomfield Hills (MI), Las Vegas and Reno (NV), Phoenix (AZ) and Colorado Springs (CO). You can learn more about the firm at www.lipsonneilson.com.