- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation and Transactional Practice
- Professional Liability Defense
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, J.D. – cum laude
Arizona State University, B.A. – cum laude
Dax R. Watson is the managing partner of the Phoenix office of Lipson, Neilson, Cole, Seltzer, & Garin, PC in Phoenix, Arizona.Mr. Watson is a cum laude graduate with a B.A. in History from Arizona State University, graduating in 1994. He is also a cum laude graduate from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, receiving his law degree in 1999.
Mr. Watson focuses his practice in commercial litigation with an emphasis in real estate matters and professional liability defense. In his capacity as a defense attorney, Mr. Watson defends professionals in the fields of real estate, law, accounting, architecture, and engineering. He also defends officers, directors and employers in employment practice liability disputes.
Mr. Watson is admitted to practice in Arizona’s state and federal courts and has appeared and represented clients in every county in the state. Mr. Watson has extensive litigation and civil trial experience having acted as lead counsel in over 30 trials and hundreds of arbitrations and administrative proceedings.
Mr. Watson also regularly appears and represents clients in regulatory matters before the Arizona Department of Real Estate and other state and federal agencies.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Watson was an owner and shareholder of Mack Watson & Stratman. Mr. Watson also has the unique and valuable experience of having worked as an attorney at the second-largest law firm in the state of Arizona.
Mediations and Settlement Conferences
Mr. Watson has been appointed by the Maricopa County Superior Court to act as a Judge Pro Tempore. In that capacity, Mr. Watson conducts Court-appointed settlement conferences as a Settlement Judge and also serves as a “fill-in” Judge on civil matters and short trials. Mr. Watson also conducts private mediations and settlement conferences for all types of civil disputes, with a focus on real estate and commercial litigation disputes.
Presentations, Seminars and Teaching
Mr. Watson is approved to teach legal issues, agency and disclosure, and property management by the Arizona Department of Real Estate. In this capacity, Mr. Watson regularly teaches risk-reduction classes and seminars to and for real estate Brokers throughout the state of Arizona. Mr. Watson’s classes are set up and delivered in a fun format, including mock trial classes and a Talk Show style class. Mr. Watson’s approved classes include:
- Court is in Session: Short Sales & Distressed Properties. A mock trial focusing on issues that arise in short sales. The course includes addressing Arizona’s Anti-Deficiency Statutes and the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act.
- Disclosures & Agency on Trial. A mock trial focusing on disclosure and agency issues for real estate licensees in Arizona.
- Property Management on Trial. A mock trial focusing on issues facing property managers and their leasing agents.
- Good Agents Gone Bad. A talk show “spoof” examining conduct of licensees that can create liability for the licensee in a real estate transaction.
- Court is in Session: Malpractice While Defending Malpractice. A mock trial examining lawyer malpractice and defending those lawsuits.